SEN Learning Support Assistant (Maternity Cover)
30 hours per week - 39 weeks per year
Fixed Term from 04 January 2021 until 02 July 2021
At Redlands we believe in putting the children at the heart of everything that we do, and this includes providing the children with a creative curriculum that is both exciting and inspiring. Our children have their learning brought to life by carefully planned opportunities that enthuse, engage and motivate our children to want to find out more. Staff are fully committed to ensuring that children reach their true potential.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, reliable LSA to support a child with specific needs on a 1:1 basis.
• NVQ 2 in Supporting Teaching and Learning, or equivalent. Or able to demonstrate the ability to meet the STL Level 2 National Occupational Standards relevant to this post.
• GCSE Grade C or Level 2 qualifications in Maths/Numeracy and English/Literacy.
Why Choose Us:
You will be a proactive integrated member of the School Staff Team who will also assist the teaching team to provide valuable learning experiences for our children. Under the direction of the teaching team, you will be required to work with a child on a 1:1 basis both inside and outside of the classroom, providing opportunities for learning.
The successful candidate Our children come from many different backgrounds and have a range of abilities. In this respect, we are looking for someone who can build positive relationships with both pupils and their families.
Discovery Schools Academy Trust is dedicated to improving learning and teaching by creating a culture that promotes excellence. The needs of all children are placed at the heart of all decision making regardless of the school they attend. Teaching and learning excellence is shared through learning networks, sharing of ideas and materials as well as leading practitioners between schools. Discovery has developed a school improvement system which focuses on improving outcomes for all children. It also places staff development, talent management and succession planning at the heart of achieving outstanding organisations.
The Right Candidate Will Have:
• Previous experience of working with children, preferably in a school environment
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Possesses effective verbal communication skills
• Empathy with children and young people
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
What We Offer:
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Good opportunities for personal and career development.
• Pension Scheme.
Closing date for applications is the 16 November 2020 at 09:00am.
Interviews to be held 26 November 2020.
Redlands Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.