Learning Support Assistants - SEN BG5
Start date: 01/09/2021
Salary: BG5 (£18,933 - £19,312 pa, pro rata)
Contract: Part time, term time only plus 5 Inset days and fixed term until 31/07/2022
Working pattern: 35 hours per week to be worked over Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.00pm with 30 minutes unpaid lunchbreak
Sefton Park Infant and Junior Schools are federated Infant and Junior Schools. The schools offer a holistic and child centred approach to education where children can learn and grow in a caring and exciting environment.
We are looking to recruit experienced SEN Learning Support Assistants with experience of supporting children with special educational needs. Our schools are a dynamic, supportive, happy place to work.
Learning Support Assistants - Inclusion and SEN
We are looking for dedicated and empathetic individuals to provide support for learning activities for children on an individual or group basis, under the general direction of the line manager. A significant proportion of your time will be to provide integrative and 1:1 support for a child with special educational needs a specific class. At other times you will be supporting other children across the school with special educational needs.
You will be:
- Experienced in working with children with a range of special educational needs with in a primary school setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD and attachment difficulties is desirable.
- Fully committed to inclusion
- Enthusiastic, reliable and able to work well as part of a team
- Able to develop positive relationships and liaise effectively with parents and carers as well as other outside agencies
- Able to work independently and provide support for colleagues.
- A nurturing, caring and friendly environment
- Dedicated and motivated staff
- A supportive community of parents and carers
- A commitment to ensure that everyone is a valued and respected member of the school community
- A commitment to continuing professional development
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd June 2021 at 12.00pm noon
Interview date: Week commencing 5th July 2021
Sefton Park Infant and Junior Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.