Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about inclusion and making a difference?
The governors are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and suitably qualified TA with demonstrable experience to join our friendly and hardworking team.
Edwardsville Primary School caters for children from 3-11 years. The school is maintained by Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council. There are currently 360 pupils on roll. The school normally serves the greater part of the southern end of The County Borough of Merthyr Tydfil. This includes the general areas of Treharris, Quakers Yard, Pentwyn, Edwardsville, Twyn-y-garreg and Cilhaul. The majority of our children start at our nursery situated on a separate site in Treharris. Our main primary site is situated in Edwardsville.
We are also fortunate to have two onsite Learning Resource Bases within our school, offering a provision for pupils with Autistic Spectrum Disorder. The LRB supports up to 8 KS 2 pupils with ASD and is an integral part of the school as we place a strong emphasis on inclusion for our children for them to develop social relationships and friendships with a wider group of children.
The role would involve working under the direction of the class teacher to deliver specific educational programmes that are tailored for children with ASD within the LRB as well as supporting meaningful inclusion within our mainstream classes. The ideal candidate would be able to support all areas of learning including developing speech and language skills, building independence, developing social interaction and communication and practical based learning.
The successful candidate will:
• Have experience of working or volunteering in a primary school setting being organised and experienced in using structured timetables, including visual timetables
• Understand the needs of primary school age children with ASD, demonstrating flexibility and versatility
• Demonstrate a holistic approach to the well-being and education of pupils
• Embrace our inclusive ethos whilst maintaining high expectations for behaviour
• Be committed to building and maintaining positive, caring and supportive relationships
• Want to make a difference for young people and their families displaying high expectations for learning
• Be a team player with excellent communication skills who also has the necessary skills to work independently
At Edwardsville Primary School we are proud to have:
• A commitment to raising standards and staff development
•Well behaved and enthusiastic children
• Supportive parents and governors
• Children and staff who enjoy learning together
• A friendly, compassionate, supportive and collaborative staff team
Edwardsville Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment. The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including a health check, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references which are gathered prior to the selection stage.
Edwardsville Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.