Learning Support Assistant
Leatherhead Trinity School & Nursery is a warm, friendly and supportive school where we aim to inspire a thirst for learning in all children to take with them throughout their lives. We are a school committed to individual professional development and this same thirst for learning is embedded within our staff. We are looking to recruit an exceptional individual to be part of our friendly school team to start September 2021.
- This is a fixed term contract for 6 months to support a child in Year 1. Subject to funding, this contract may be extended.
-You will be working 30 hours per week during term-time with a commitment to attend 3 INSET days
- Salary in accordance with Surrey Pay Grade S3 –S4 depending on experience FTE: £18,013 – £21,416 actual: £12,781 - £15,196
- Attractive Pension Scheme
The SEN Learning Support Assistant’s (LSA) main role is to provide support for the pupil with an Educational Health Care Plan. The LSA will support the pupil to integrate as fully as possible in the classroom, providing activities and resources to assist the pupil’s individual learning and social needs. The SEN LSA will be responsible for implementing the targets on the pupils’ Individual Support Plan (ISP) in liaison with the class teacher and Head of COIN.
• To provide learning support for pupils in class or in withdrawal situations, either 1:1 or small groups and support play, learning and communication skills
• To develop knowledge of the particular needs of children and seek advice from Head of COIN, class teacher and outside agencies as required.
• To aid access to the full range of learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom and provide modified resources as required.
• Support our learners to develop crucial life skills, meet their goals and aspirations through communication, independence and participation
• To be involved in the planning and preparation of class activities.
• To organise and maintain an inclusive learning environment both in the classroom and outside.
• To support the pupil in the playground and encouraging safe interactive play.
• Motivate and encourage the pupil
• Attend speech and language sessions and provide daily additional speech and language ‘top up’ sessions to support progress towards communication and interaction targets
• To attend in service training and relevant meetings relevant to the post in order to keep up to date with developments in working with children with special educational needs.
• To provide regular feedback to the class teacher, Inclusion Manager and relevant outside agencies about the pupil’s difficulties and progress.
• Under the direction of the teacher, carry out and report on systematic observations of pupils to gather evidence of their knowledge, understanding and skills upon which the teacher makes judgements about their stage of development
• To contribute to the pupil’s annual review
• To foster links between home and school.
• To participate in relevant professional development as deemed appropriate for the needs of the child.
• To carry out duties as directed by the Inclusion Manager or Head Teacher,
- LSA experience desirable but not essential
- Passionate and committed to children's learning, safety and well-being
- Excellent communication skills
- Committed to professional development
Leatherhead Trinity School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment is subject to Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.