Job Title: SEN 1:1 Support Assistant
for Primary Phase
Salary – BG6 £19,698-£20,092 FTE, Actual £15,063-£15,364
Hours - Monday – Friday, 32.5 hours per week (Mon/Tues/Thurs 8:15-3:15, Wed 8:00-3:15 and Friday 8:15-3:00) Part Time hours may be considered for the right candidate
Contract - Temporary (funding continues until either the child leaves or the funding is withdrawn), Term time only plus inset days
Application Deadline: This is a rolling advert and as such we reserve the right to close the advert when we receive sufficient applications for this reason please complete an application as soon as possible.
Interview Date: TBC
Start Date: ASAP
We are in a position to appoint at least one strong candidates to support 1-1 teaching and learning for SEN students at Bridge Learning Campus in Bristol. The role is varied, and we are looking for adaptable, flexible and resourceful individuals able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities. We are particularly interested in recruiting people with strong experience working with ASD in the EYFS.
Supporting children on a 1:1 or small group basis
• Accompanying groups on trips
• Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
• Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
• Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
• Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
• Experience working with children.
• Proven ability to work on their own initiative.
• High level of communication skill and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
• The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
• A can-do attitude.
• Commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Good opportunities for personal and career development.
• Pension Scheme.
• Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
• Access to gym and free access to employee assistance programme.
Further information on the role and person specification can be found on the attached documents.
Fluency Duty: The ability to converse at ease with pupils, parents and other users of the service and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Bridge Learning Campus is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.