Are you a hard-working, enthusiastic SEN practitioner or an aspiring SEN Practitioner who is passionate about supporting the progress, outcomes and well-being of students? Do you want to be supported in your career development? Then come and join us at Turing House School.
Turing House School is seeking to appoint a highly motivated SEN practitioner or an aspiring SEN Practitioner to join our dynamic and energetic team in September 2021. This is a crucial role to ensure students with Special Educational Needs can access learning, fulfill their potential, and take part in all aspects of school life including exams. This position is suited to candidates with an interest in helping children succeed and a willingness to learn. Training will be provided.
The successful candidates will:
• Be flexible, dedicated and passionate about supporting and delivering learning to enable students to progress, become independent learners and make at least expected progress.
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and share the school’s mission and ethos.
Why work for Turing House School:
• Friendly and enthusiastic colleagues who are always happy to help each other.
• Please see our website for our virtual open evening/morning events.
• All staff are proud to be part of the school and feel supported by the open door policy of Senior Leadership who genuinely want to see you succeed and thrive.
• Excellent opportunities for ongoing professional development with cross trust support from RET and training catered to support your individual career.
• Smaller classes of 25 students.
• Staff wellbeing is at the forefront of the school’s priorities. Happy staff make a happy school.
• Staff benefits include a free flu jab, subsidised yoga classes, regular social events, weekly staff bulletins and staff appreciation shout out board.
• In 2022 we are moving into our new permanent site in Whitton with state-of-the-art facilities. Please visit our website to view our exciting plans
• Free tea and coffee in the staffroom as well as duty free delicious meals from our catering company.
Here’s what Ofsted have to say:
“Staff morale is exceptionally high. Staff are enthusiastic and enjoy working in the school. There is strong sense of teamwork across the whole school community.”
“Leaders have established an open culture at the school where there is a clear sense of teamwork and community across staff and pupils alike. Everyone takes pride in the school. It is a welcoming and vibrant place. High expectations across the school have secured high standards of behaviour.”
“Behaviour is exceptional. Motivation is high. There is a lot of enthusiasm and aspiration to do well in class. Most students are following expectations and are caring about their work outside of the classroom. I get to eat lunch and have time away from screens. This has had a huge improvement on my own health and my lessons.”
“Staff are incredibly supportive and positive. Expectations are made clear and help is always at hand. Students are incredibly self-motivated and behaviour is minimal.”
“I think Turing House is a fabulous school full of hard-working, dedicated and inspirational staff and students. Thank you for everything you do for the school, it is very much appreciated”.
Choosing the right new school to work in is as important to you as choosing the right new staff is for us. Please visit our website to find out more about us and to download a recruitment pack.
The closing date for all applications is midday on Monday 28th June. Interviews will take place shortly after. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the arrangements by email and telephone.
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date, so we would encourage you to submit your application early.
We are completely committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students. Appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS clearance and references. Turing House School is an equal opportunity employer.