Eton Dorney School provides a therapeutic education for boys and girls with Specific Learning Difficulties and ASD (Mainly high functioning). Recognised as ‘GOOD’ in our last school Ofsted inspection. We offer a specialised learning environment for up to 24 days from Year 4 to Year 13.
Our school is a grade 2 listed building and we take full advantage of the school’s beautiful settings and nurture a love for using the outdoor curriculum including forest school, farm/ animal experiences and horse riding to engage and connect with the environment.
We are looking for passionate Qualified SEN Teachers to join our strong team here at Eton Dorney School. Due to the current expansion of our therapeutic school we have 4 positions available to individually teach Science, IT, Design Tech/Art and English 5 days a week.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to £41,000 per annum
To encourage and support pupils in all aspects of their school life, ensuring a calm class room environment where pupils can achieve an education. We strive for all our pupils to recognise their strengths and develop their self-belief to achieve independence and aspirational results at GCSE, BTEC and beyond.
What we need from you:
- To be qualified as a teacher, preferably at secondary KS3/KS4
- Experience of working with children with a wide range of SEN
- Effective teaching and creative learning styles and how to implement them
- Establish and maintain good professional relationships with children, parents/carers and colleagues
- Ability to build positive relationships with learners who have emotional difficulties
- Set high expectations of all children and be committed to raising educational achievement
- Planning and implementing provision for children with SEN including the monitoring, assessment, recording and reporting of children’s progress
In return we offer:
- Excellent working conditions within beautiful surrounding and countryside
- Small group teaching and excellently resourced school
- Highly competitive benefits package
- Comprehensive induction and robust appraisal systems
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Sponsorship for nationally accredited qualifications
- Leadership and management qualification
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for promotion across the group
Eton Dorney Independent Therapeutic School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.