SEN Teaching Assistant Level 1: Grade 3 SCP 4 - 6 (£19,264 - £20,043 pro rata)
Barlow Hall Primary School are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to support children with special educational needs.
The job is a permanent position, full time, 35 hours per week (8.30am to 4pm), term time only.
The following information will enable you to make a positive choice about applying to be a TA at our school. Please read the information carefully.
This post will involve supporting identified children who have a range of Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities. For example: Social Communication difficulties, speech and language difficulties, including difficulties with attention and focus and developmental trauma. You will work under the direction of the class teacher to deliver a personalised curriculum and will be supported by our specialist staff. This post may involve working in either Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2.
Information about children with SEND to help you make a positive choice about applying for this position
Pupils may have:
• difficulties with communication, social understanding and flexible thinking/imagination
• challenging behaviour (e.g. hitting, absconding)
• sensory issues e.g. hyper-sensitivity to sounds, tastes, smells
• limited awareness of safety
• toileting, self-care and/or eating issues
• associated conditions including anxiety, epilepsy, ADHD
Pupils need staff to provide:
• consistent, calm support
• a flexible approach, responding positively to changing needs
• high levels of visual support
• activities that are enjoyable and fun
• individual teaching and small group activities
• support in mainstream classes, the dinner hall, the playground and during educational visits
• active encouragement to promote independence
• reflective practice and effective team work
Closing date: 15th June 2022 (12 noon)
Interview date: 20th June 2022
Barlow Hall Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.