We are working with a Primary school based in Merton who are looking for a SEN Teacher (Autism) to join their school immediately. This is a long term supply contract with strong potential to go permanent.
As a Teacher, you will support pupils with a range of abilities across a variety of subjects, ensuring the highest quality of education is delivered in line with the requirements of the national curriculum. The post holder will be part of a strong dedicated team committed to providing our students with the very best outcomes through academic studies. The role will be challenging but rewarding, working in a dynamic environment where you can make a real difference.
The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic, committed and flexible with previous experience of functional skills, unit awards, BTEC and would suit someone with SEN/SEMH experience. The right person with the right approach is essential. This position will require teaching across a wide range of subjects.
The position if offered on a full time, long term supply basis working 40 hours per week plus after school meetings. We are looking to appoint a flexible, adaptable and dedicated individual with experience working with pupils with autism and behavioural difficulties.
Following a thorough induction and training programme, your duties as a Teacher would include:
· Teaching across a varied range of subjects
· Preparing, planning and assessing teaching sessions whilst maintaining an awareness of curriculum developments
· Writing and implement individual education plans, making assessments of educational attainment, setting challenging yet achievable targets
· Build relationships with all young people, which will encourage their interest and participation in their education
· Creating an environment which is stimulating and purposeful for all pupils to promote teaching and learning outside the formal classroom settings.
Key Skills Required:
· Hold Qualified Teacher Status
· Have a background of teaching a range of subjects, delivering teaching at a good or outstanding level
· Knowledge of current education issues in relation to terms of practise, process and curriculum
· Be experienced working within an SEN or autistic setting, supporting with challenging behaviour (SEMH/EBD)
· Effective communication skills with the ability to build ongoing positive relationships with the students
· DBS on the update service is desirable
If you are a practical and adaptable Teacher looking for a new role please apply immediately.
Please note, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of suitable applications.
Please also note, although Outcomes First Group salaries are in-line with the National Teachers Pay Scale, Terms & Conditions of this position are specific to Outcomes First Group
“Please note if your application is successful all interviews will take place via video call at this time. Please ensure you are able to access either Skype or MS Teams.”
Options Autism forms part of Outcomes First Group who employ approx. 2000 staff at locations throughout the UK and provide a range of education and residential care services to children and adults with autism, complex needs, learning disabilities and social, emotional mental health difficulties.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care and therefore this post is subject to an enhanced DBS check where suitable references will be sought prior to your employment start date.
If you are interested, please send your most up to date CV to email@example.com