Specialist SEN Teacher for High COIN Centre
Do you understand the needs of children who have communication and interaction challenges? Do you have a passion for inclusion? If so, read on...
Chandlers Field Primary School is starting a new and exciting journey for learners as we develop our provision for children with SEN. We are due to open a proposed Centre specialising in high level communication and interaction needs, in September 2021. The new SEN Unit has been approved in principle by Cabinet, capital investment secured, and the works programme initiated by Surrey County Council. The lead Cabinet Member decision is the completion of the Department for Education’s ‘Prescribed Alteration’ statutory process, to which the governing body and Local Authority must have regard. This is to ensure that they act in accordance with the relevant legislation when making significant changes to schools. The school’s governing body and SCC are not anticipating any challenge to the proposed significant changes to Chandlers Field School. The new primary High COIN SEN Unit which will begin to bring online additional places from September 2021, will help to realise the local area’s ambition to ensure availability of specialist school places that are matched appropriately to need type, phases of education and geographic locations.
We are looking for an outstanding and committed SEN Teacher to deliver a first-class curriculum to learners with communication and interaction needs. You will be part of a small team of SEN specialists and will have the unique opportunity of contributing to the development of a high-quality provision. To be successful in this role, you will need to have experience working with children with ASC and associated communication difficulties, be an excellent communicator, and have a creative approach to ensuring that all children progress and achieve, regardless of their needs.
• Have a working knowledge of a wide variety of strategies to support and enable children to fully access all areas of school life.
• Have high expectations of yourself, your colleagues, and the children under your care
• Create a warm, nurturing, and inclusive environment where children and their learning are the priority
• Work flexibly as part of a committed team
• Be actively supportive of the values and ethos of the school
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with children, staff and parents alike
• Make a significant contribution to the wider life of the school, including involvement in extra-curricular activities
In return we can offer you:
• A warm, welcoming working environment
• Support in your role from experienced colleagues
• A unique opportunity to contribute to a brand new, proposed specialist centre
• Opportunities to develop your practice through a tailored programme of Continued Professional Development.
• An employee assistance programme (offering free round the clock, confidential advice.)
• Free parking
• A reward scheme for Surrey County Council employees including benefits such as child care vouchers.
If you are interested in finding out more, please contact the school to discuss this opportunity further.
Chandlers Field Primary School is committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of all children and all applicants to this post will require an Enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Friday 30th April 2021 AT 11.59am
Interviews will take place the following week
Chandlers Field Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.