SEN Teacher (with Autism experience)
Salary Range: M1 – M6 with SEN Allowance
Contract: Permanent – immediate start (following pre-employment checks)
Hours: Full time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher to join our school team. We invite candidates from those who share our ethos and who want to be part of a forward-thinking team on an exciting journey of school development and who most importantly are committed to making a real difference to the lives of our young people. If you are passionate about giving young people with Autism the right chances that will help to shape their future, then apply as you are the teacher we are looking for!
We are looking for a teacher with experience, resilience and determination to ensure the best outcomes for children with Autism. You will be organised, hardworking, and have good interpersonal skills and communicate clearly and be able to develop good working relationships with young people, their families, staff and a range of other professionals. The majority of our learners have additional needs such as; communication, emotional, social and health needs and challenging behaviour. At Rosehill School we believe that by working together and always expecting the best we achieve the highest possible standards.
- Be passionate about working with children and young people with autism.
- Be responsible for the high quality of teaching and learning, progress, welfare and outcomes of all pupils.
- Supervise and work effectively with support staff, assigned to pupils within your class.
- Have up to date understanding of the professional duties of a teacher working with children with autism, and be able to put this into practice.
- Be able to plan and deliver a rich and varied curriculum that meets the needs of pupils.
- Take responsibility for implementing effective planning, assessment, policies and procedures.
- Provide Leadership across the school in a designated subject or curriculum area.
We invite applications from ambitious professionals looking to utilise their skills, experience and commitment to providing a rich learning experience for our pupils.
How to apply:
Unfortunately, during the current COVID-19 pandemic, we are not able to accommodate visits to the school. Please view the school website and of course you can always contact the school on O115 9155815, to discuss, or email the School Business Manager Liz Eyre if you have any questions regarding the advert/position.
Please complete the attached Nottingham City Council Application form along with a supporting statement (no more than 2 sides A4) detailing why you are suited for this position.
Closing date: Wednesday 11th November 2020 12.00 noon
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Rosehill School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate would be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.