Designated Specialist Provision (DSP) Teacher/Leader/SENDCo
This is a very exciting time for Catherine Infant school as we are opening a DSP for SEND pupils with communication and interaction needs (including ASD).
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and innovative special needs teacher to lead the DSP for 10 SEND children with complex needs. The DSP teacher will be responsible for ensuring all of the pupils have access to a high quality play based learning environment as well as a tailored curriculum to ensure all of the pupils make progress towards targets identified in their individual EHCPs/IEPs. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering high quality lessons for SEND pupils in EYFS/KS1 and experience of leading a team.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of working with children with communication and interaction difficulties including autism
- Be familiar with the EHCP process including annual reviews
- Show innovation in planning and teaching for significant SEND pupils
- Have the knowledge and experience of strategies to develop pupil’s communication and interaction skills e.g. PECS, TEACCH, now/next systems, objects of reference, visual prompts
- Have the ability to lead and inspire others
- Be able to manage a small dedicated team
- Show enthusiasm and passion to lead and design the future of the provision
- Be able to support mainstream colleagues in supporting children from the DSP
- Have a commitment to enhance their own and the CPD of others.
Please contact the school for further information about the role. Visits to school are encouraged and can be arranged by ringing the school office.
This is an ideal position for a current SENDCO or for someone aspiring to work towards the National SENDCo Award.
Salary: MPS/UPS (SEND TLR available for suitably qualified and experienced candidate)
Closing date: 14th May at 3pm
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.