SEN Teaching Assistant & Lunchbreak Supervisor
Start date: 2nd November 2020
TA: 25 hours per week, term time only (Monday to Friday)
LBS: 5 hours per week, term time only (Monday to Friday)
TA: Hay 10 (£11,857 - £12,583 per annum)
LBS: Hay 13 (£2,097 per annum)
The SEN Teaching Assistant is s temporary post subject to funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school. The Lunchbreak Supervisor post is permanent.
Frenchay is a currently a small but high achieving Primary School judged consistently good by Ofsted. The school is entering an exciting period with a proposed enlargement from 140 pupil capacity to a maximum capacity of 420 pupils. It is hoped that our new building will be open in September 2022.
We are looking to appoint an energetic and inspirational teaching assistant to join our highly motivated team. The successful candidate will support the development of a pupil in KS2. The role also includes a Lunch Break Supervisor role.
The successful applicant will join a dedicated team committed to delivering high quality provision for our children. The person appointed will need to be have experience of working with children with SEN in a mainstream school setting.
The post will involve:
- Differentiating, making and maintaining resources to enable the child to access the curriculum
- Delivering specific programmes to meet the child’s needs
- Providing support for the child’s emotional and development needs
- Liaising with teacher and home
- Assisting with the setting up, monitoring and reviewing the child’s support plans
- Contributing to reviewing meetings including Annual Reviews
- Liaising and acting upon advice from external agencies
- Developing social skills through social interaction and intervention programmes
- Monitoring and reviewing all aspects of their work
We are looking for someone who has:
- A good understanding on SEND within a primary school setting
- Confidence in working in KS2 but a good understanding of the KS1 curriculum
- Experience of working with children with additional needs
- Energy, patience, good sense of humour and enthusiasm
- A commitment to supporting positive outcomes for the child, including working in partnership with parents
- High expectations of behaviour and achievement
- The ability to work under direction but also able to use own initiative when required
- A flexible and calm approach to working in a school setting
- A willingness to learn and take on new ideas
- A positive team player
- The skill to take initiative and deal with the unexpected
The SEN Teaching Assistant post is a temporary position linked to funding and will end if the funding ceases/reduces or the pupil leaves the school.
In return we can offer:
- A supportive Headteacher
- A caring and welcoming atmosphere
- Enthusiastic and well-motivated children
- Supportive and dedicated staff, parents and governors.
Closing date: Noon, Wednesday 14th October 2020.
Interviews: Tuesday 20th October 2020.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Frenchay Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.