Are you an experienced and enthusiastic TA looking for their next challenge?
The Cedars Primary School is a primary special school catering for children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties, judged as outstanding at its last 4 Ofsted inspections.
We are looking to employ experienced Teaching Assistants who can support the learning and development of children with social, emotional and mental health difficulties.
It is essential that candidates are:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent or higher
- Have secure knowledge and understanding of the requirements of vulnerable and challenging children
- Have the ability to understand the potential barriers to learning and implement strategies to overcome these
- Demonstrate the ability to motivate children to learn and develop
- Have a positive and cheerful attitude
- Have the ability to communicate effectively and clearly in English both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate successful experience of managing challenging behaviour.
Class sizes are small with a high staff to child ratio. We are looking for high calibre teaching assistants who are enthusiastic, with a good work ethic and committed to delivering a high standard of education to disadvantaged children.
This is a demanding but rewarding role for the right candidate.
In return we can offer you:
- A caring and inclusive community
- A friendly, supportive and dedicated staff
- A well-planned induction programme
- A well resourced and pleasant working environment
Please complete the attached application form. CVs will not be considered.
Closing date: Sunday 2nd June . Interviews to be held after May half term.
The Cedars is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school follows safer recruitment practices, and rigorous pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
This post is subject to an enhanced clearance by the Disclosure and Barring Service.