Hours: 23 hours 30 minutes per week, term time only (Monday and Tuesday 8.45am – 12.15pm and 1.15pm – 3.30pm, Wednesday and Thursday 8.45am – 12.15pm, and Friday 9.30am – 12.15pm and 1.15pm – 3.30pm)
Salary: Hay 10 (£10,623 - £11,499 per annum)
This is a temporary post subject to funding, which will end once the funding ceases or the child leave the school.
SEN Teaching Assistant – Year 4 Pupil
An experienced Teaching Assistant is required from 1st September 2019 to support a child with Special Educational Needs who will be in our Year 4 class in September.
The child requiring the support will need help with:
• behaviour, emotional and social difficulties
• speech, language and communication
We are looking for someone who:
• has a good understanding of SEN within a school setting
• patience and understanding
• has the ability to liaise effectively with colleagues and parents
• is able to use their initiative and demonstrate flexibility and adaptability.
• has experience and the ability to assist teachers with the monitoring of pupil progress, including targets identified on the pupils IEP.
• has energy and enthusiasm
• has a willingness to learn and take on new ideas
• has good team-working capacity
An NVQ 3 for Teaching Assistants or other relevant qualification is desirable. At least two year’s practical experience of working with children in a classroom environment, together with knowledge and experience of working with a child with SEN, is essential. Further qualifications in SEN useful, but not essential.
We are fully committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to the appropriate vetting including an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service disclosure check
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 26th June.
Please note that only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Cherry Garden Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.