Hours: 25 Hours per week, term time only (Monday to Friday, 9am until 3pm)
Salary: Hay 10 (£11,301 – £12,233 per annum)
This is a temporary post to cover maternity leave until 31st August 2020 and is subject to funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
We are looking to appoint a Part-Time SEN Teaching Assistant to work with a delightful, funny and caring mainstream child with Downs Syndrome in Year 3.
We are looking for a candidate to join our team who is able to support all areas of learning including:
• developing speech and language skills,
• building independence
• self-care (including toileting)
• Play based learning
• Developing communication and interaction skills (including the use of Makaton)
• Developing areas of social interaction and communication
The hours for this post are 25.00 hours/week, (Mon-Fri 9-3), term time only.
The person appointed will require a good standard of general education, normally evidenced by 3 or more GCSEs (including Maths and English) at Grade C or above, or other equivalents. Previous experience of working with children in a primary educational setting is required and some vocational training/qualification in the care, development or education of children would be desirable.
This is an opportunity for a committed and versatile person to join our fantastic team of staff. Please apply if:
• You are flexible and versatile in a rapidly changing work environment and enjoy working as a team;
• You are patient, caring and supportive and have the necessary skills to work independently;
• You are organised and experienced at working with structured timetables (including visual), with the ability to use your initiative and adapt your practice as necessary;
• You have high expectations of what all pupils can achieve and are able to motivate and inspire confidence in pupils;
• You have a knowledge of IT skills and understand how IT can be used to support learning;
• You are keen to undertake further training;
• You want to be a part of the whole school development process.
The closing date for applications is: 12pm Wednesday 2nd October 2019
Interviews are scheduled to take place on: Wednesday, 9th October 2019
Blackhorse Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Blackhorse Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.