An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Chipstead Valley Primary School in Coulsdon. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities. Chipstead Valley Primary School is and 'outstanding' (OFSTED 2013) primary school set on the Surrey/Croydon boundaries. We are a three-form entry primary school, currently with 655 children on roll in addition to supporting several children with physical disabilities within our Enhanced Learning Facility. We are proud of our many achievements; standards are high and all pupils are encouraged to strive for their best, through carefully planned learning opportunities, provided by an excellent team of staff. We also ensure that children have a rich and broad curriculum with sport, music, art and drama featuring predominately.
* Coaching Children on a 1:1 or group basis
* Supporting individual Child(ren) with special education needs (SEN) under the instruction and guidance of teaching/senior staff which enables access to learning for all pupils
* To assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom
* To support assessment and evidencing learning
* Working with the teacher to create a stimulating classroom environment, displays and learning resources
* To maintain a safe and positive environment for all learners
*To create opportunities for all learners to reach their potential and be the best that they can be
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Flexible Term Time hours
* The opportunity of working with in a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
*Good opportunities for personal and career development
* Good pension scheme
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
- Previous experience of working with childcare with Special Educational Needs.
- Understand how to support the complex needs of children with behavioural, social and emotional difficulties
- Have high expectations and be committed to inclusion for all children and their families
- A proven ability to work on their own initiative.
- A high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
- The ability to use relevant technology/equipment to access learning.
Find out more about this exciting opportunity by visiting our career page and school website.
We value diversity in our workforce and positively welcome applications from all sections of the community. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Interviews will commence from Monday 16th September 2019.
Chipstead Valley Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS check.