Hours: 33 hours 45 minutes per week, term time only (Monday to Friday 8.30am - 3.45pm)
Salary: Hay 10 (£15,256 - £16,514 per annum)
This a temporary post subject to funding which will end once the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
We are looking for an outstanding and enthusiastic Qualified Teaching Assistant to join our highly successful school as soon as possible to support an individual pupil, joining us in Reception class as part of our fantastic and supportive team. The child being supported has specific visual impairment needs and is a charming, loving and happy young person. You will be ably supported by an amazing team both in EYFS and across the school.
Longwell Green is an extremely popular, very good school who has achieved very well in OFSTED and is held in high regard in the community and the county. We have superb pupils, supportive parents and a great team here at Longwell Green.
A passion for drawing out the best in all people is vital as well as a desire to personally achieve; interests in all subjects and skills considered. Ours is a popular school; you will be part of a dedicated and skilled team, who care about the school and pupils, who enjoy their jobs and are supportive of one another.
We are looking for a colleague who:
- Is an excellent practitioner and team player
- Has high expectations for all pupils and be committed to raising attainment and progress
- Has a record of good/outstanding practice in a primary setting
- Has the ability to raise the attainment of pupil under their charge, by meeting individual's needs through exciting and innovative teaching methods
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and to work well as part of a team
- Is willing to contribute to the wider life of the school
Experience of supporting visually impaired pupils could be an advantage, but is not vital as support and training will be provided - we are more looking for the right person who will support this charming young man and bring a broad range of skills and enthusiasm to an already talented team.
Our school community offers:
• Happy, kind and engaged pupils who are well behaved and love to learn,
• A passionate, enthusiastic and talented team to work alongside
• A governing board that is experienced, proactive and supportive
•Supportive parents and carers who want their children to succeed and are eager to engage with School,
• A welcoming and inclusive school with care and moral values at its core and where and every person is valued,
• The chance to work closely with partners such as The Alliance group of schools (including Redfield Edge, Cadbury Heath, Courtney and New Horizons Learning Centre) and Bath Spa University
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed at the following times:
Friday 20th September, 9.30am
Tuesday 24th September, 1.30pm
Wednesday 25th September, 9.30am
Please telephone or e-mail the school office if you would like to arrange a visit.
Closing Date: 9.00 am Friday 27th September 2019
Shortlisting: Friday, 27th September 2019
Interviews: Thursday, 3rd October 2019
“Longwell Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including a DBS disclosure check”.
Longwell Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.