Hours: 17 Hours 30 Minutes per week, term time only (Monday to Friday mornings)
Salary: Hay 10 (£7,716 - £8,352 per annum)
This is a temporary post subject to funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
An experienced Teaching Assistant is required as soon as possible to support a child with Special Educational Needs who currently works in our Year 1 class.
The child requiring support will need help with:
• Speech and language
• Co-ordination skills
We are looking for someone who:
• has a good understanding of SEN within a school setting
• patience and understanding
• has the ability to liaise effectively with colleagues and parents
• is able to use their initiative and demonstrate flexibility and adaptability.
• has experience and the ability to assist teachers with the monitoring of pupil progress, including targets identified on the pupils IEP
• assisting with the setting up and monitoring of the pupil’s Educational Health Care Plan targets
• has energy and enthusiasm
• has a willingness to learn and take on new ideas
• has good team-working capacity
An NVQ 3 for Teaching Assistants or other relevant qualification is desirable. Practical experience of working with children in a classroom environment, together with knowledge and experience of working with a child with SEN is also desirable.
St Michael’s Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Closing date for applications is Friday 15th November 2019.
St Michael's Church of England Primary School, Winterbourne is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.