SEN TEACHING ASSISTANT
Burley & Woodhead Church of England Primary School, Burley-in-Wharfedale, West Yorkshire
Dates : Apply by 12pm 6th December 2020 / Job start 6th January 2020
Salary : Band 5, Scale point 4/5
Contract type : 20 hours per week, term time only
The pupils, staff and governors of Burley and Woodhead CE Primary are seeking to recruit an outstanding Teaching Assistant to work in collaboration with our Year 4 team to support a child with an EHCP.
The successful candidate will ideally have experience of working with children with SEN, in particular ASD. The role will involve supporting the child in the classroom in the morning. In addition, the role also includes working from 8am in our breakfast club, Sunrise.
Our school community is looking for someone who:
• Is an exceptional teaching assistant,
• Is able to adapt learning to increase interaction and participation,
• is keen to be part of a proactive, highly motivated Y4 team,
• Can liaise effectively with parents,
• Has a “can do” attitude and is able to work on their own initiative
In return, we offer:
• A training package to support the new member of staff with their new role
• Happy, confident, enthusiastic and hardworking pupils who are eager to learn and who enjoy their time at school
• A dedicated and talented team of committed staff and a dedicated SEN team
• A supportive and focussed governing body
• Excellent links with parents and the wider community
If you think you have what it takes to be part of our team, we would love to hear from you.
Visits to the school from potential applicants are welcomed and encouraged. Please telephone the school office on 01943-862739 to arrange a visit.
The closing date for applications is Friday 6th December at 12pm.
Short listing will take place on Friday 6th December and the assessment task and interview will be held on week beginning Monday 9th December.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff and volunteers to embrace this commitment.
All applicants will be considered on the basis of suitability for the post regardless of sex, race or disability
In order to be successful in being shortlisted for this role, candidates will need to demonstrate that they meet the requirements of the person specification. All offers of employment are conditional and subject to satisfactory references, DBS check, proof of eligibility to work in the UK and occupational health clearance being obtained.
Please note: CVs are not accepted for this post
Typical hours of work – 20 hours a week
Monday 8.00 – 12.00
Tuesday 8.00 – 12.00
Wednesday 8.00 – 12.00
Thursday 8.00 – 12.00
Friday 8.00 – 12.00
Burley and Woodhead CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.