The Olympus Academy Trust has recently experienced an exciting period of growth and change as we continue to deliver an outstanding education for more and more children and young people within the districts of Bradley Stoke, Filton, Patchway and the surrounding areas. As our Trust grows, we are increasingly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our dedicated central support teams, to provide expertise that enable us all to carry out our roles and focus on delivering the best educational experience for our young learners.
Callicroft Primary School has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed SEN Teaching Assistant to join their team! This post is Monday to Friday, 28 hours and 20 minutes per week, on a term time only (plus 5 Inset Days) basis. Please note, this role is offered on a temporary contract as it is covering maternity leave. Therefore, the contract will be until May 2020 or earlier, should the post holder return before this date. The actual salary for this role is £12,806 per annum.
This post is a 1:1 support role and the right candidate will be:
• A Team Player
• Someone who is prepared to liaise closely with parents, teachers and outside agencies;
• Someone with an enthusiasm for education and learning;
• Someone who has a desire to help all children to succeed;
• Someone with experience of working with children with special educational needs;
• Someone who has the ability to adapt learning to meet individual needs.
You will need:
• Level 2 “Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools” or equivalent
• Maths & English at Pass Level or GCSE “C” or above or equivalent
• To be able to liaise with a variety of staff including, class teacher, SENCO & HLTA
Visits to the school are welcome and to arrange this, please contact the school directly.
The closing date for this post is 9am on Friday 31st January 2020.
Callicroft Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.