Hours – 25 hours 30 mins per week, term time only
Salary – Hay 10 (£11,527 - £12,477 per annum)
Required from as soon as possible a resilient and committed SEND teaching assistant, with high expectations for all pupils, to join our strong and friendly team. The post is for 25.5 hours a week, working Monday to Friday with a YR pupil.
We are looking for:
• a person who understands the challenge of supporting a pupil being educated a year below his chronological age group
• a person with energy and initiative who enjoys a challenge and is able to make positive relationships with all pupils
• has recent experience of supporting pupils with physical disabilities and delivering a physiotherapy program
• has a proven track record of supporting pupils with gross and fine motor skills needs
• experience of using strategies to support pupils speech and language needs
• have a good knowledge of the EYFS and KS1 curriculum
• has a good understanding of child development and how children learn
• be passionate about the learning of children
• be prepared to work hard as part of a team
• a person who is keen to learn new skills and take on training
• someone who smiles a lot and has a good sense of humour
This is a temporary post subject to review under the Education, Care and Health Plan for Special Educational Needs and will continue until the pupil(s) specified leave(s) the school or until the requirement for the work ceases owing to a review of the pupil’s(s’) special educational needs.
School visits are encouraged. Please contact the school office, if you would like to arrange a visit.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Closing Date - 12pm on Monday 9th March 2020
Raysfield Schools Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.