Start Date: 1st June 2020 Hours: Full Time- 32.5 hours per week
Contract: Term Time Only- 39 weeks p.a. Salary: £18885.75 (Spinal Point NJC120)
Strathmore is a forward-thinking and innovative special school based in purpose built accommodation co-located with local, inclusive minded mainstream schools.
We are a happy, positive and hard working day special school for learners aged 4-19 with complex learning difficulties. 60% of pupils have an additional diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorders or have additional physical and sensory disabilities. We work closely with our colleagues from Educational Psychology, Health and Social Care to ensure that our learners receive all the support and challenge they need to achieve. Every pupil has an individual learning programme that details what and how they are learning, including input from Speech and Language, Occupational, Physiotherapy and Music Therapy. Our Family Worker provides invaluable encouragement and information to our families. 100% of parents said that their child is happy and enjoys school and that they would recommend Strathmore.
We have very high aspirations for all of our learners and high expectations of ourselves.
Successful candidates will:
• Have experience of working with children and young people. Experience of working with children with SLD/PMLD/ASD is an advantage;
• Have good Communication and Numeracy skills;
• Be creative and have an enthusiastic, imaginative and caring approach to children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities;
• Have high expectations of pupils’ achievements relating to learning, independence and behaviour;
We offer you:
• Excellent professional development and promotion opportunities;
• Enthusiastic and supportive colleagues, parents & Governors;
• A well-resourced school;
• The opportunity to make a significant, positive contribution to the learning and experiences of the pupils in this unique Special School.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the post, you will need to complete the Support Post application form which can be found by clicking 'Apply Now' below. Your letter of application section 9 needs to address the below points:
1. Why are you applying for the role of Teaching Assistant?
2. What is your interest and experience in SEN?
3. What can you bring to the role?
Closing date to apply: 3.00pm on Monday 20th April 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 27th April 2020
All application forms should be sent to Carla Osborne using the recruitment email address which can be found the school website.
This post is physical in nature and may present emotional and physical demands not common in mainstream schools. The Auriga Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS Check with a check of the DBS Barred List.
Strathmore School is committed to providing equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced criminal record check with the DBS.