Floreat Wandsworth Primary school is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dedicated Special Education Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant to join its growing team.
About Floreat Wandsworth
Floreat Wandsworth is a brand new school that opened in September 2015 and is part of the GLF Schools Multi-Academy Trust. Our mission is to enable all pupils to flourish by exposing them to a knowledge-rich academic education and developing their character strengths and virtues.
What we are looking for
Experience of working with children with SEN is preferred but not essential. You will have:
- A passion for working with primary aged children with SEN in a 1:1 and a group scenario and
a determination that they will become knowledgeable and virtuous.
- A desire to work with honesty, perseverance and curiosity, and in service of all the learners in our school.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Initiative and confidence to teach pupils 1:1 and in a group effectively under the direction of the class teacher.
- Ability to manage pupils 1:1 and in a group scenario in a positive and calm way so that they achieve the highest standards in their learning.
To review the full Job Description and Person Specification for this role, please download the Job Pack below.
Why work at Floreat Wandsworth
As a member of our team, you will teach, role model and strive to exemplify virtues such as curiosity, honesty, perseverance, and how we can serve others. In return, we commit to giving you the time, inspiration and support to flourish:
- You will have plenty of CPD opportunities for professional development and growth.
- Working as part of the GLF Schools Trust comprising of 40 schools, we can support you with career pathways for progression.
If you are excited by the possibility of taking on a key role in our team, then we’d love to hear from you.
FT Salary: £16,041 (actual)
Potential Extra Income: Cover supervision hours or after school clubs may be available for an experienced/suitable candidate.
Reports to: Designated class teacher
Start date: ASAP
Closing Date: Rolling. You will be notified if you have been successfully shortlisted for an interview.
Contract type: Full Time (8am - 4pm, 37.5 hrs per week, 39 weeks per year) Or Part Time (4 hrs per day, timings to be agreed with the candidate, 39 weeks per year).
Contract term: Temporary. School term time only plus training days.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.