Hours: 28 Hours 45 Minutes per week, term time only (Monday to Friday 8.30am – 3.15pm)
Salary: Hay 9 (£14,945 - £16,500 per annum)
This post is subject to funding and will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
The governors of Abbotswood Primary School are looking to appoint a dynamic teaching assistant to work in Year 5. The successful applicant must be able to use their initiative, in teaching and supporting children with special educational needs. Experience in supporting pupils with FASD, Attachment Disorder and language development will be an advantage. Support will be needed in the context of the classroom, small groups and 1:1 to work.
This is a matrix funded post linked to a particular pupil.
The applicant needs to be flexible in response to the day-to-day requirements of a large, busy school.
Applicants will need to:
• demonstrate excellent communication skills
• have a good sense of humour
• be an experienced Teaching Assistant; NVQ Level 3 preferred
• use strategies to support a pupil who has attention and processing difficulties
• support development of language skills
• demonstrate an ability to ensure that excellent progress is made
• have a positive personality and contribute to, and be receptive to, new ideas
• have experience working with children with special educational needs
• use their own initiative to support a specific pupil and gauge when intervention is necessary whilst also developing independence
• be positive to develop confidence in others
• be fully committed to the school and working as part of a team
• be able to liaise with parents and staff
We can offer:
• an excellent and friendly school to work in
• happy, enthusiastic children who love learning and coming to school
• a professional, positive and hard-working team
• professional development opportunities.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Closing date: Thursday 3rd September 2020
Interviews: Thursday 10th September 2020
Abbotswood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.