Callicroft Primary School has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and committed SEN Teaching Assistant to join their team!
The role is offered as 20 hours per week on a Term Time Only plus Inset Days basis. The contract is temporary as it is linked to funding. The working pattern will be agreed with the Headteacher.
The right candidate will be:
• A Team Player
• Someone who is prepared to liaise closely with parents, teachers and outside agencies;
• Someone with an enthusiasm for education and learning;
• Someone who has a desire to help all children to succeed;
• Someone with experience of working with children with special educational needs;
• Someone who has the ability to adapt learning to meet individual needs.
You may work with individuals who have physical disabilities, sensory impairments (i.e. hearing or visual), speech and language difficulties, learning difficulties such as dyslexia, conditions such as autism, social, emotional and mental health needs, or have a combination of these difficulties. A key aspect of working in this field is identifying individual needs and being responsible for creating a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment.
You will need:
• Level 2 “Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools” or equivalent
• Maths & English at Pass Level or GCSE “C” or above or equivalent
• To be able to liaise with a variety of staff including, class teacher, SENCO & HLTA
The deadline for the receipt of application forms is 9am on Wednesday 7th October 2020.
Callicroft Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.