SEN Teaching Assistant
Start date: 2nd November 2020
Hours: 27 ½ hours per week, term time only (Monday to Friday)
Salary: Hay 9 (£14,689 - £16,217 per annum)
This is a temporary post subject to funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
Almondsbury CE Primary is a vibrant 315 place school set in a fantastic location overlooking the Severn Estuary, on the outskirts of Bristol and on the interchange of the M4 and M5.
The Governors of Almondsbury CE Primary School are looking to appoint an outstanding, dynamic, caring and enthusiastic teaching assistant with experience of working with children who have special needs. The post will be to support a child that is currently working below EYFS expectations but is in cohort year 1. The child in question has an ECHP.
The successful candidate will need to have experiences of working with children who have severe speech and language communication difficulties, gross motor skills, social communication needs, emotional and social needs. You would be joining an already established team of SEND TA’s working within a small provision called the ‘Cwtch’ within school. It would also be desirable for candidates to have Attention Autism training/ experience and nursery/ preschool experience. Candidates will need to be sensitive to the emotional needs of the children. The successful candidates should be able to work independently but under the direction and guidance of the class teacher, EYFS Leader and the SENCo.
In our most recent Ofsted report we were deemed to be Outstanding. This is an opportunity to join a thriving, forward-looking and supportive staff team at a school whose Christian values underpin the drive to help children achieve a high degree of individual success.
We are a successful and happy school, with an established team of dedicated staff. The staff are continually developing their practice to ensure the children gain an excellent education. We have well motivated children who enjoy learning and are eager to participate in everything the school and community offers.
We are looking for a suitable candidate who:
• Has high expectations of children both academically and socially.
• Works closely with colleagues as a team member
• Shares the school’s caring ethos and vision.
• Shows enthusiasm, dedication, plus an excellent rapport with both children and staff and has a sense of humour.
• Maintains a calm and consistent approach to working with the children.
• Has competent English and Maths skills.
• Is experienced at working alongside children with additional needs and has NVQ level 2 (at least).
• Uses good communication skills with colleagues, children and parents.
• Has the ability to aid to plan and deliver a range of interventions.
We will offer:
• A caring, warm and friendly school with a supportive and committed staff team.
• Happy, well behaved children who are eager to learn.
• A positive community school with strong links with local cluster schools, local community and church.
• A commitment to professional development
Closing date: Monday 12th October 2020.
Interviews: Friday 16th October 2020.
Almondsbury CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Almondsbury Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.