SEN Teaching Assistant
Start date: As soon as possible
Hours: 21 hours per week, term time only (for the right candidate we can be flexible with when the hours are worked). Job share considered
Salary: Hay 10 (£9,960 per annum)
This is a temporary post subject to funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
Hambrook is a high achieving Primary School judged consistently good by Ofsted. We are looking to appoint an inspirational teaching assistant to join our highly motivated team. The successful candidate will need to have experience of working with children with SEN and will join a dedicated team committed to delivering high quality provision for our children.
We are looking for:
• A confident practitioner who believes in teamwork
• Someone who is prepared to liaise closely with teachers, parents and outside agencies
• Enthusiasm and the ability to inspire children
• Flexibility and creativity
• High expectation of all children in every aspect of school life
• A knowledge and understanding of child development and ASD
• Confidence in working in KS2 but a good understanding of the KS1 curriculum
• An ability to use their own initiative
• A willingness to learn and take on new ideas
In return we offer you:
• A happy and supportive staff team
• Opportunities for further professional development
• A positive working environment
• Enthusiastic and well-motivated children
The SEN Teaching Assistant post is a temporary position linked to funding and will end if the funding ceases/reduces or the pupil leaves the school.
Closing date: Wednesday 21st October 2020.
Hambrook Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Hambrook Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.