We are looking for an SEN Teaching Assistant to join our growing team.
Your opportunity :
We have an exciting opportunity in our growing school. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an SEN Teaching Assistant. The successful candidate will work with a team of other SEN teaching assistants supporting some of our pupils. They will join a very hard working and dedicated team of teachers and support staff, who focus on improving outcomes for the pupils in their care.
We would like the appointment to start in January 2021 or sooner, if possible. This is a term time position working for 22.5 hours per week across our core school hours of 08:30 - 13:00 each day. The role is a permanent contract.
About Floreat Montague Park:
Floreat Montague Park Primary School opened its doors for the first time in September 2016. The School is developing fast and the following 6 areas are valued:
- Personal Development
With inspiring outdoor learning spaces, the latest technology in classrooms and an engaged, active community this is an exciting time to join our school.
What we are looking for:
- A colleague with experience in supporting children 1:1
- Someone with high expectations who is committed to raising the achievement of all children
- The ability to use a variety of strategies to engage and support children in their learning
- A collaborative professional with the ability to contribute to provision planning
- An excellent role model to children, colleagues and parents, exemplifying our core principle of kindness
- A positive, open-minded professional actively supportive of the ethos, vision and values of the school
- A member of the team who is able to build strong relationships with the many stakeholders in a school
- A colleague who is flexible, positive and open-minded
Why work at Floreat Montague Park:
- You will be part of a progressive group of professionals intent on building a successful new school.
- You will be part of Floreat Montague Park at the beginning - we are only up to Year 4 at present.
- You will be able to work in Montague Park, a diverse, inclusive, vibrant and fast growing new community.
- You will be part of the GLF family of schools, a trust with a clear education vision and focus on securing improvement through professional development.
- As the school continues to grow we anticipate many opportunities to develop your career and progress at Floreat. As part of the GLF community of schools, you can expect excellent professional development and strong support.
Location: Floreat Montague Park Primary School, William Heelas Way, Wokingham, RG40 1BG.
Closing Date: 18th December 2020
Interview Date: TBC
Salary: GLF Associate 3 £20,500 Full time equivalent (FTE) Actual salary: £11,023
Contract Term: Permanent
Hours: 22.5 hours per week, Term Time (39 weeks)
Times: 8.30 - 13.00 Monday to Friday
Visits: Want to find out more? Further information about the role is available on request. Preliminary calls with the Headteacher are welcomed. Please contact the Headteacher, Patrick Pritchett, via the school office to arrange a telephone call.
Applications will be considered upon receipt and the vacancy closed if an appointment is made.
Floreat Montague Park Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
GLF Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
As a Trust, we are happy to discuss flexible working opportunities. We particularly welcome applicants from under- represented groups including those based on ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
We also reserve to right to interview shortlisted candidates ahead of the closing date.
Please be advised that references may be requested on receipt of your application. Please state if you wish this to be delayed until shortlisting/interviews have taken place.