SEN Teaching Assistant
Malden Manor Primary and Nursery School is a popular and inclusive school committed to the development of all children and staff.
We are looking to appoint 1 SEN Teaching Assistant, ideally with experience of working with children ASD and/or SEM, who will play a key role in individual and small group support for identified children with special educational needs. This will also involve supporting these children during their lunch times.
The successful individual will support the Class Teacher in the teaching and welfare of the assigned individual, ensuring they attain the targets set.
These will be 30 hours a week start and end times to be agreed and linked to Education Health Care Plan funding and should the linked child leave the school the contract will end.
Dealing with the behavioural, communication, social and emotional development of the children is integral to these roles.
Hours: 30 hours
Salary: Grade C Point 3 – 5 FTE £21,408 - £22,185.
Actual salary range £15,507 - £16,070
We can offer you:
• A commitment to providing children with high quality learning opportunities
• A dedicated team of staff and governors
• A positive working environment
• Supportive and approachable Senior Leadership Team
• Strong and supportive SEN team
The ideal candidate will be:
• Able to develop an understanding of the educational, welfare and social needs of the child with whom you are supporting
• Able to stay calm and objective when presented with unusual or challenging behaviour
• Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team, including working closely with outside agencies
• Able to relate exceptionally well with children and to go that extra mile to help them achieve
• Experienced of Primary School environments
Closing Date: Friday 23rd October 2020 at 12noon
Interviews: Week Commencing Monday 2nd November 2020
Start Date: As soon as possible subject to clearances
Malden Manor Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
We reserve the right to withdraw this vacancy at any time ahead of the closing date if there is a good level of response. Therefore, we recommend you submit your application as early as possible.
Malden Manor Primary and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check, references and occupational health clearance.