SEN Teaching Assistant
Start date: January 2021
Hours: 22 hours per week, term time only (Monday to Friday)
Salary: Hay 9 (£11,751 - £12,974 per annum)
This is a temporary post subject to funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
Hanham Abbots Junior School is seeking to appoint a highly organised and motivated SEN Teaching Assistant to join our team and work with a Year 5 child with ASD.
We want a person who:
• has proven experience of working with children with ASD;
• has GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and Maths;
• has high expectations of themselves and the children they work with;
• has a calm, positive and pro-active approach to supporting children within the classroom;
• can work effectively with a range of colleagues and other professionals to best meet the needs of the child;
• is self-improving and willing to extend their skills and experience.
This post is temporary subject to matrix funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 6th November 2020.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Hanham Abbots Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.