Mulberry Park Educate Together Primary Academy is a brand new school which opened in September 2018. We are a growing school and we now have Reception to Year 2. We will grow each year until full to capacity (210 pupils).
- Are you seeking a new opportunity and challenge?
- Do you enjoy helping children progress and think learning should be fun?
- Do you have high aspirations for all children?
- Are you enthusiastic, kind and nurturing?
- Would you like to join a growing team and help us develop our ethical education?
- Are you flexible and willing to turn your hand to anything in the school?
- Have you had experience of group and/or one to one support?
- Would you like to participate actively in professional development opportunities both in school and elsewhere?
We are looking for a teaching assistant to support SEND and catch up, ideally with EYFS and KS1 experience. We need an excellent TA who is flexible and happy to work in any year group, if needed, and also understands the value of play and personal development. The role will include a large part of the day working with specific children in our Reception class who have additional needs including ASD, SEMH and social and communication needs on a 1:1 basis. There will also be time working 1:1 or with small groups to focus on specific areas of learning as part of our catch up plan.
Experience and training of working with children with additional needs would be beneficial. Candidates without these relevant experiences would need to be prepared to undertake additional training. At all times you will be working with the guidance and support of the class teacher and SENCO but some planning of activities would be required.
Our ethos at Mulberry Park Educate Together is:
- Equality based: children of all social, cultural and religious backgrounds being equally respected
- Co-educational: and committed to encouraging all children to explore their full range of abilities and opportunities
- Child-centred: all children have a voice and staff make decisions that are right for our children
- Democratic whereby all children, staff and parents are involved in decisions that we make
Ideally, you will have some experience working with children and will be able to demonstrate an interest in encouraging their play, keeping them safe and providing learning opportunities to help to close gaps.
We can offer a supportive atmosphere, full training and involvement in all relevant school decisions. You will need to be a good communicator so excellent verbal and written English is essential.
The hours will be Monday – Friday 8.30am – 3.30pm (32.5 hours per week). This role is on a fixed term contract due to funding for this academic year only.
If you fully support our ethos and would like to join us in establishing this further, then please apply using the application form by 9am on Friday 4th December . Interviews will take place week beginning 14th December.
Mulberry Park Educate Together Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.