Enthusiastic SEN teaching assistant wanted for our friendly and successful infant school!
Are you looking for a role where you can really make a difference? If so, we may have just the job for you!
We have an exciting opportunity to welcome an SEN teaching assistant to our school from January 2021. We are looking for a caring, nurturing member of staff to join our fantastic team to help support the children’s learning. This temporary term-time position would be perfect for somebody who enjoys working with children, has good interpersonal skills and is an effective team player. Experience of leading specific interventions or supporting specific needs would be desirable.
You should have a desire to:
• have a positive impact on the education of children
• join our hardworking team
• work in class in KS1
• assist children with their learning by providing support and interventions as well as working alongside children with emotional needs
The ideal candidate will also need to:
• be enthusiastic, committed and hard working
• be prepared to work closely with the class teacher and team to provide seamless opportunities for our children
• be able to use their initiative
• have a love for learning
• have high expectations of pupil behaviour and achievement
• have experience of working in a school
In return, we can offer:
• A friendly, supportive and highly motivated team
• Enthusiastic, well-behaved children who are keen to learn
• Supportive Parents and Governing body
• A commitment to continuous professional development opportunities
Hours: 25 hours per week during term time including some Inset Days (to be agreed)
The working hours are 8:40 – 2:55 Monday – Friday.
Pay scale: £17663 - £18607 FTE (circa £10281 - £10831)
Please contact Mr Walters (Headteacher) to make an appointment if you would like to know more about the role
Closing date: Wednesday 16 December (12 noon)
Virtual Interviews: Thursday 17th December
Horley Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
The school is committed to safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. All posts advertised are subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).