SEN Teaching Assistant
Start date: As soon as possible
Hours: 26 ½ hours per week, term time only (exact hours and working pattern to be discussed at interview)
Salary: Hay 10 (£12,568 - £13,338 per annum)
This is a temporary post subject to funding that will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
At St Barnabas Primary School we are committed to providing high quality education for all our pupils. We believe in learning without limits, giving all pupils the confidence to grow and fulfil their potential.
We are seeking to appoint a teaching assistant for one-to-one support with a Foundation Stage child who is being educated a chronological year below his peers.
The candidate will ideally have:
• Experience of working with children with a diagnosis of Autism.
• Successfully used visuals, PECS or Makaton as a communication tool with a pre verbal child.
• Experience of developing social communication and motor skills would be an advantage.
• You will need to show a good knowledge and experience of children with Special Educational Needs and be able to demonstrate how you could implement strategies that enable personalised targets to be met.
• We are looking for an enthusiastic practitioner who can work independently and take initiative while developing purposeful, strong relationships with children, staff and parents.
In return St Barnabas can offer you:
• A dedicated and supportive team.
• Well behaved and engaged pupils.
• Opportunities for continued professional development.
This is a temporary post subject to when funding ceases or when the child leaves the school.
We would welcome candidates to contact the school office for a conversation with the class teacher or SENDCo to find out more about the role.
Closing date: 12pm, Friday 21st May.
Interviews will take place on either 26th May or 27th May.
St Barnabas Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
St Barnabas CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.