WE HAVE MULTIPLE VACANCIES AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
Are you currently a Teaching Assistant or an aspiring Teacher who is looking to gain invaluable experience in a SEN school? Jigsaw School is looking for committed individuals to help accelerate the learning of pupils with autism.
We offer fantastic training and regular progression opportunities helping you to develop a rewarding career.
SEN Trainee Teacher opportunities are available at Jigsaw School, graded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted. As a special school for pupils with autism, aged 4-19, we not only have a superb reputation for teaching and pupil achievement but also for our commitment to career development for all staff. Our teachers support pupils using behaviourally based instruction and positive reinforcement techniques to accelerate learning. Working individually and within groups in small classes, our teachers design, plan and deliver sessions to encourage learning as well as improve pupils’ social and emotional development.
As a SEN Trainee Teacher you will:
- Support pupils’ participation in social, leisure and educational activities
- Encourage and enable learning and development in all aspects of daily life
- Collect and record data to monitor progress and improve learning programmes
- Provide personal care and behavior support, promoting independence where possible
Benefits of being a SEN Trainee Teacher at Jigsaw School:
- Regular progression opportunities helping you to build a career in SEN
- Gain fully funded, internationally recognised qualifications in behaviour analysis and CABAS teaching status
- Receive comprehensive practical and theoretical training
- A programme of continuing professional development and further qualifications
If you are patient, engaging and strive for a career in SEN teaching then this role could be your next step. To apply for this role, please click on the 'Apply Now' button below and start your application.
Jigsaw is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. All positions will require an enhanced DBS check (the cost of which will be paid by Jigsaw), teaching prohibited checks (if applicable), ID check, satisfactory references and proof of qualifications.