We are in a position to appoint two candidates to support a variety of children with Special Educational Needs/Disabilities at Parson Street Primary school in Bristol. With a growing team of skilled support assistants, this role offers excellent practical experience in an educational environment, working with a wide range of children with additional needs. The role is varied, and we are looking for adaptable, flexible and resourceful individuals. There are positions available working with children with attachment/ADHD/ASC and SEMH. All of these roles are extremely rewarding and all members of the team work directly under the SENDCO. If you have experience working in or are considering a career in education, health or social care then we want to hear form you.
• Supporting children on a 1:1 or small group basis.
• Structuring learning activities and evidencing learning.
• Working closely with the SENDCO to support classroom learning.
• Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
• Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability.
• Accompanying groups on trips
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• At least GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above.
• Experience working with children.
• Proven ability to work on their own initiative.
• High level of communication skill and the ability to relate positively to children and adults.
• The ability to use relevant technology/equipment.
• A positive attitude to learning and professional development.
• Commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school.
• Excellent opportunities for personal and professional development including training and coaching.
• Pension Scheme.
• Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts.
• Access to gym and free access to employee assistance programme.
Further information on the role and person specification can be found on the attached documents.
Fluency Duty: The ability to converse at ease with pupils, parents and other users of the service and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Parson Street Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.