SEN Teaching Assistant
SCP Grade 5 – 6, £19,312 - £19,698 (pro-rata),
10.5 hours Thursday and Fridays
Combe Down Primary School are looking to recruit a SEND Teaching Assistant to support a child in Year 2 with an Education, Health Care Plan. We are looking for a warm, caring individual who can offer an exceptional level of care and foster the child’s independence. Experience of working with children who have had the following needs would be beneficial:
- Emotional wellbeing
- Cognitive and Learning support
- Attention and concentration difficulties
We are looking for someone to motivate, support and encourage the pupil to fully access the curriculum and school life.
This role is dependent on individual pupil funding and therefore is a temporary position and will continue until such time as the funding ceases and/or the child leaves the school if this is earlier.
The successful applicants will need to:
- Be a team player
- Inspire and motivate children
- Have high expectations and excellent classroom practice
- Have a desire to improve their own practice further.
- Be willing to embrace, support and develop the Christian ethos of our school.
In return, we are proud to offer you:
- Enthusiastic children
- Willing, hardworking staff team
- Supportive parents who are keen to be involved
- A strong team of governors
- CPD across the Trust
Please look at our website and that of the Trust for more information about the school.
Closing date: Monday 27th September 2021
Interview date: Monday 4th October 2021
Combe Down CofE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.