Gracefield School is looking to appoint an excellent and enthusiastic part-time Teaching Assistant to support the SEN provision in our school, starting as soon as possible.
At Gracefield School, we are looking for an enthusiastic part-time teaching assistant to work with children with SEN, including some 1:1 provision for a Reception child with an EHCP. We are seeking someone who is able to join our friendly and dedicated team to help this child achieve her full potential and become fully involved with school life.
Gracefield Preparatory School is a small co-educational independent school for children aged 4-11, situated in Fishponds, Bristol. Applications are invited from suitably qualified, enthusiastic Teaching Assistants. The successful candidate will be joining a hard-working and committed team and will be encouraged to contribute fully to all aspects of school life.
We pride ourselves on excellent student behaviour and a strong ethos of inclusion and diversity, underpinned by Christian values. We are committed to developing a safe, supportive and personal learning environment for all Gracefield children, in a strong, close family community within the school.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A positive, supportive and welcoming ethos that will allow you to develop your own professional skills.
- A fully inclusive environment for all children who learn as part of our school family.
- A commitment to doing the very best for every child and helping each to achieve their full potential.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience of working with SEN children;
- A calm and consistent approach;
- A supporting and encouraging manner with young children and an ability to inspire trust;
- An understanding of the EYFS;
- The ability to work as part of a team;
- A highly motivated and enthusiastic work ethic.
Please consult the Person Specification for further information.
This is for a part-time temporary position, subject to EHCP funding. Initially the contract will be for one year, which may be renewed if EHCP funding continues. The position is for 20 hours per week, consisting of 8.30am - 12.30pm five days per week.
Tours of the school for applicants will take place on Wednesday, 22nd September at 6.00pm. If you are interested in visiting, please contact Gracefield School to confirm your attendance via phone or email.
Closing Date: Monday, 4th October at 1.00pm.
Interviews for successful candidates will take place on Wednesday, 6th October.
Gracefield School is committed to Safeguarding, Safer Recruitment and promoting the welfare of all children. The post will be subject to a successful DBS check and references.
Gracefield Preparatory School is committed to safeguarding, safer recruitment and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post will be subject to a successful DBS check and references.