1 Post - Level 1 or 2 depending on experience
Scale point: 2 or 3 (depending on experience)
Salary: £18,198 (TAL1) or £18,562 (TAL2) Full-time equivalent
£13,671 Actual Level 1 salary
£13,945 Actual Level 2 salary
Hours of work: 32.5hrs/wk
Contract: Permanent, Term-time + 5 training days
Start date: December 2021
The Cambridge Park Academy would like to offer suitably qualified candidates the opportunity to join a team of Teaching Assistants who support children of an age range 3-19 with a range of learning needs.
We welcome people who are willing to learn, adapt to ever-changing circumstances and have a genuine interest in the needs of children. You would need to be prepared to work with children of all ages and disabilities. Applicants must have National Test in Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent.
Candidates with previous relevant experience and knowledge of learning disabilities would have an advantage.
- Supervises and provides specialist support for individuals with SEN, disabilities, personal and health needs, EAL, etc. ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Support the academic, social, emotional and development of individuals and groups of learners understanding clearly how children, young people and vulnerable adults with complex and Special Educational Needs learn
- Attend to the pupils’ personal care needs, supporting with the use of personal/learning aides
- Supports the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher as agreed
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths Grade A-C (or equivalent)
- NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification
- Understanding of National Curriculum, EYFS Guidance and other codes of practice e.g. SEN, Equalities, Safeguarding
- Effective use of ICT to support teaching and learning
- Ability to interact well using courtesy, tact and diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Ability to establish professional, effective working relationships with a range of partners/colleagues and children and young people.
If you believe in the children in Hull, are passionate about our community and truly want to make a difference then we would love to hear from you.
AS A MEMBER OF HUMBER EDUCATION TRUST, WE OFFER:
- Commitment to securing the very best provision and outcomes for all children.
- A Trust with expertise in every area of the curriculum, both in primary and special settings, through our S2S Support Leaders and Peers network.
- Outstanding individually tailored continual professional development for staff at all levels.
- Staff who feel valued and supported in their roles.
- A caring and safe environment where we recognise the diverse needs of our community, ensuring our young people from all backgrounds thrive.
- Ethical working with mutual respect and collaboration.
Visits to our school are welcome by appointment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete an application form and submit via ETeach. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Early application is encouraged. We will review applications throughout the advertising period and therefore reserve the right to close the advert early should sufficient applications be received.
Closing date for completed applications: 8am, Friday 5 November 2021
Interviews to be held: w/c 8 November 2021
If you have any queries regarding the role or application process, please contact Sue Bates, PA to the Headteacher, at The Cambridge Parks Academy.
Any offer of employment to this post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service, Children’s Barred List Check, Section 128 check where applicable, identity checks, medical clearance, proof of qualifications, satisfactory references and eligibility to work in the UK checks.
Cambridge Park Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.