(SPECIALIST) TEACHING & LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT - 2 POSTS
Grade & Scale point: 4, SCP 5 - 7
Salary: £19,312 - £20,092 Full time equivalent, £14,508 - £15,094 Actual salary
Hours of work: 32.5hrs/wk, Monday - Friday
Contract: Permanent, Term-time + 5 training days
Start date: January 2022
Tweendykes School is a special school for 3-19 year olds supporting children and young people with severe learning difficulties within the Humber Education Trust. We pride ourselves on our outstanding quality of education and are seeking to strengthen and increase our team through the appointment of a permanent Teaching & Learning Support Assistant. Many of our pupils have complex medical needs as well as learning and/or communication difficulties.
You will be expected to work across the school individually with pupils and/or with groups in classes. The pupils require high levels of adult support not only to access the school curriculum but also with personal care routines. The school strongly believes that every child should go to school excited about the day ahead and experience a sense of achievement when they go home. Our dedicated team provides the best educational opportunities for all our pupils allowing each and every one of them to succeed in reaching their full potential. In return, we offer a professional, friendly working environment in a school where everyone is valued.
- Contribute to planning and evaluation of learning, providing detailed and regular feedback to teachers on learners’ attainment, progress, behaviour and attitudes to learning
- Supervises and provides specialist support for individuals with SEN, disabilities, personal and health needs, EAL, etc. ensuring their safety and access to learning activities
- Support the academic, social, emotional and development of individuals and groups of learners understanding clearly how children, young people and vulnerable adults with complex and Special Educational Needs learn
- Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans and Personal Care programmes
- Sets challenging and demanding expectations and promotes self-esteem and independence
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths Grade A-C (or equivalent)
- NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification• Understanding of National Curriculum, EYFS Guidance and other codes of practice e.g. SEN, Equalities, Safeguarding
- Effective use of ICT to support teaching and learning
- Ability to interact well using courtesy, tact and diplomacy and negotiation skills
- Ability to establish professional, effective working relationships with a range of partners/colleagues and children and young people.
If you believe in the children in Hull, are passionate about our community and truly want to make a difference then we would love to hear from you.
AS A MEMBER OF HUMBER EDUCATION TRUST, WE OFFER:
- Commitment to securing the very best provision and outcomes for all children.
- A Trust with expertise in every area of the curriculum, both in primary and special settings, through our S2S Support Leaders and Peers network.
- Outstanding individually tailored continual professional development for staff at all levels.
- Staff who feel valued and supported in their roles.
- A caring and safe environment where we recognise the diverse needs of our community, ensuring our young people from all backgrounds thrive.
- Ethical working with mutual respect and collaboration.
Visits to our school are welcome by appointment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please complete an application form and submit via ETeach. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. Early application is encouraged. We will review applications throughout the advertising period and therefore reserve the right to close the advert early should sufficient applications be received.
Closing date for completed applications: 8am, Monday 13 December 2021
If you have any queries regarding the role or application process, please contact Helena Douglas, HR Manager, at Tweendykes Primary School.
Any offer of employment to this post will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure Barring Service, Children’s Barred List Check, Section 128 check where applicable, identity checks, medical clearance, proof of qualifications, satisfactory references and eligibility to work in the UK checks.
Tweendykes School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Tweendykes School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.