Easton C of E Academy, a large, multicultural and multi faith Church of England Primary Academy in Easton, is looking to appoint an enthusiastic SEN Teaching Assistant with experience of ASD to join our team on a Fixed Term Contract until 31st August 2023
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a friendly, talented staff team dedicated to improving outcomes for children in an ASD base with a friendly and supportive ethos. The position is for 32.5 hours per week, term time only plus inset days. Working pattern is Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 3.30pm and Friday 8.20am to 3.20pm (non negotiable). Please note you will be working in our class for children with SEN, mainly ASD.
Following a period of rapid improvement, we are now a successful, established, well-regarded, popular school. This has been the result of the hard work of our dedicated staff team, fantastic support from our parent and local community and our ongoing commitment to innovative teaching and learning and curriculum development. In November 2019 we were rated "Good" by OFSTED with an "Outstanding" judgment for the Personal Development of our pupils.
You will have:
• At least 1 years’ experience of working effectively in a learning / child care setting
• GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English & Maths, plus at least three other academic subjects
• Skills of empathy, listening, communication and responding with appropriate language to build rapport with children from a variety of ages, abilities and backgrounds.
• Experience of working with children who have ASD
• Aptitude to develop a knowledge of the role within an education environment
• Flexible, adaptable and positive attitude to working in a structured environment
• Communication skills to promote and develop effective working with pupils and colleagues
What we offer:
• the support of a committed leadership team
• the family engagement and network support of DBAT and its academies
• high quality training
• a welcoming, friendly and cohesive staff team
• delightful, appreciative enthusiastic children and the support and encouragement of our friendly and aspirational parents and carers
Email and phone enquiries are encouraged and welcomed.
Closing Date 9am on Wednesday 6th July 2022
Easton CE Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and expects all staff, Governors and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a robust vetting process including an enhanced DBS check . We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Bristol.