An exciting opportunity has arisen for a strong candidate to support teaching and learning at Cranmere Primary School in Esher. This role is varied, and we are looking for an adaptable, flexible and resourceful individual able to cope in a high-pressure environment and deal with constantly changing priorities.
- Working with class teachers to deliver excellent teaching and learning
- Coaching children on a 1:1 or group basis
- Accompanying groups on trips
- Supervision of children at lunchtime
- Supporting assessment and evidencing learning
- Working with the teacher to create stimulating classroom displays and learning resources
- Maintaining a safe and positive environment for all learners
- Upholding the schools safeguarding and child protection procedures
- Creating opportunities for all learners to reach their potential, irrespective of ability
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Part-time, term-time hours (9:15am to 1:15pm, on two days per week, preferably Thursday and Friday)
- The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly environment in this well run and respected school
- Good opportunities for personal and career development
- Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits such as childcare vouchers and retail discounts
- Free access to our employee assistance programme
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
- a Level 3 (or above) qualification in childcare for teaching assistants (essential)
- recent experience of working in a school setting with Primary Age children (essential)
- experience of working with children who have special educational needs
- a proven ability to work on their own initiative
- a high level of communication skills and the ability to relate positively to children and adults
- the ability to use relevant technology/equipment
- a can-do attitude
- a commitment to the happiness well-being, self-esteem and progress of everyone at the school
Cranmere is a successful primary and nursery school, with an outstanding caring ethos. In 2016 we moved into a brand new building with exceptional teaching facilities, all set within extensive green belt land. Visit our website for more information and for a virtual tour of our school. We are committed to safeguarding and to ensuring the well-being and safety of all children in our care. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As this post will involve contact with children it will fall under the definition of regulated activity. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check to help us to identify that they are suitable to work with children. You should also be aware that this position will be considered a temporary role since it relates to the support of particular, named, pupils in school and so it will only be available as long as the pupils are funded and on role at Cranmere.
Deadline has been extended to 30th August 2021, with interviews to be held on Friday 3rd September. Start date: 4th October 2021. However, we reserve the right to close this advert early for the right candidate. Please specify exactly which job you are applying for when you return your application form.
Cranmere Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.