Hours: 10 hours per week, term time only (Monday to Friday 1.10pm – 3.10pm)
Salary: Hay 9 (£4,991 - £5,733 per annum)
Hours: 5 hours per week, term time only (Monday to Friday 12.10pm – 1.10pm)
Salary: Hay 13 (£2,243 per annum)
Both of these posts are subject to funding, which will end when the funding ceases or the child leaves the school.
Hanham Abbots Junior School is seeking to appoint a highly organised, motivated and caring Teaching Assistant to work with a pupil with Downs Syndrome.
We want a person who:
• has relevant qualifications and a good standard of general education;
• has recent experience and good knowledge of working within KS2;
• is willing to undertake appropriate training, in particular Makaton training
• has high expectations of themselves and the children they work with;
• has a calm, positive and pro-active approach to supporting children within the classroom;
• can work effectively with a range of colleagues and other professionals to best meet the needs of the child;
• is self-improving and willing to extend their skills and experience.
Visits to the school are welcome by appointment. Please use the details below to contact Sally Malsingh if you would like to visit.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the safety and welfare of children and young people. All staff and volunteers are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check.
Closing date for applications is Friday 6th September 2019.
Interviews will take place on Thursday 12th September 2019.
Hanham Abbots Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.