SEN Teaching Assistant and SMSA
Full Time and Permanent - from 1st September 2020
TA Salary: SCP4 (£18,426) per annum pro rata
25 hrs per week term-time only (8.45-11.45 and 13.00-15.00)
SMSA Salary: SCP3 (£18065) per annum pro rata
6.25 hours per week term time only [11.45-13.00]
The children, staff and governors are looking to appoint a passionate and committed Teaching Assistant and SMSA to
work with a child with an Education and Health Care Plan (EHCP). The contract is linked to the EHCP and the child is entering Year 1 in September 2020.
This is a great opportunity for a talented individual to make a real difference in a very supportive, caring and high
achieving school. The person will need to have a passion to work with the class teacher in supporting and challenging a child with complex health and learning needs to excel in the classroom and wider school.
The successful applicant will be committed to learning about the child’s specific sensory and learning disabilities to
best meet their educational, social and welfare needs. The applicant should have working knowledge of Makaton (or being prepared to have a knowledge of it before taking up the post).
We seek to appoint a proactive Teaching Assistant and SMSA who will fully support the Christian ethos of this Church
Can you offer?
- High expectations of all children
- Passion in achieving the very best for each child
- A desire to learn and develop your understanding and knowledge in supporting learning.
- Delivering quality learning experiences
- Good IT skills and a willingness to learn
- Commitment to work closely with all members of the school community
- Full support of the Christian ethos of this Church School
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to work with a child in Year 1 as part of a supportive team
- A caring, warm and dedicated team of staff, striving for excellence in all we do within an inclusive environment
- A focused and supportive senior leadership team
- Committed governors and parents
- Regular support and input from a variety of external agencies
- A school that takes pride in developing the whole child
- A school that values all staff and seeks to encourage continuous personal development
- A school that looks forward; accentuates the positive; and is a happy place to be
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, we are unable to offer the opportunity for you to come in to visit the team; if you
would like to discuss the role, we can arrange a telephone call for you with Kevin Purkiss, Headteacher. If you would like to arrange this, please book an appointment via email. Contact details can be located within the 'Apply Now' section of the advert; please log in or register to view.
Benefits of working for the Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust include; a generous pension scheme, enhanced
sickness and parental benefits and a supportive working environment.
The Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS and all relevant pre-employment checks.
Application forms should be accompanied by a full letter of application, addressed to Mr. Kevin Purkiss, Headteacher.
Closing date: 9.00 a.m. on Tuesday 25th August.
Interview date and time to be agreed with applicants.
Bathwick St Mary Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.