Salary: LG Grade 3 point 4 - 5, £19312 - £19698 pro rata to £14570 - £14861 for 32.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (pay award pending). This post is temporary until 31st August 2022 as it is dependent upon additional funding.
Heatherbrook Primary Academy is a small primary school and part of the Learning without Limits Academy Trust. We pride ourselves on our inclusive ethos and family feel. We are a school where everybody knows all the children well and we are all proud to be part of ‘team Heatherbrook’.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic teaching assistant to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be able to work under the direction of the class teacher and SENCo to:
• support pupils with additional needs
• contribute to the wider life of the academy
We are offering:
• excellent support and the opportunity to take part in a planned programme of CPD through the MAT
• the chance to transform the educational experience of our enthusiastic children
• the opportunity to become part of a team whose collective aim is to improve the life chances of the nearly 3000 children for whom we are currently collectively responsible
• supportive, hardworking colleagues and Governors who care passionately about our academy and the local community
Are you the candidate we are looking for?
• Do you have excellent communication skills?
• Do you have good numeracy and literacy skills?
• Are you committed to helping children succeed?
• Are you positive and proactive?
• Are you able to see where and how we can help children make their next steps?
• Are you willing to work at full capacity, learn constantly on the job and work as part of our team?
If you can answer yes to the above then you could be the person we are looking for. If you would like any further information, please contact the school office using the information detailed below.
Closing date: Friday 24th September 2021
Interview Date: To be advised
Starting date: ASAP
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment checks, such as an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check. Applicants who will be undertaking early and/or later years childcare (or the management of such childcare) will be required to complete a declaration that neither they, nor anyone who lives in the same household, is a disqualified person under the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009.