A unique opportunity has arisen to join the leadership team of this special partnership of schools.
Lydiard Millicent CE Primary & Ridgeway Farm CE Academy are both Ofsted-rated Good schools that work closely to develop creative and rewarding learning opportunities for both children and staff. The two schools share a Principal, Senior Leadership Team, Business Manager and Local Board of Governors and have adopted a ‘one-school, two sites’ philosophy. If you visit us, you will see the way that the two schools work closely together, towards a clear shared vision whilst each site maintains a family feel and its own identity.
We are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable and enthusiastic SENCO to work across our two schools and help to shape our SEND provision as we move into the next phase of our partnership. We are seeking someone who will be able to use their strong track record of successful primary teaching to: model effective strategies; support teaching staff in identifying and responding to a variety of needs in a timely manner and nurture our children so that they can achieve their very best.
The role is 0.6 FTE and we can be flexible about how this time is structured in order to best meet the needs of the schools.
This role needs someone who:
• is an exemplary practitioner with a proven record of expertise in special educational needs
• has excellent interpersonal skills and experience in working collaboratively with families, colleagues, governors and outside agencies
• is committed to raising standards of achievement for all pupils
• is confident, positive, adaptable and ambitious
• is flexible and able to adjust plans at the last moment
• is innovative, creative and open
• is resilient, consistent and empathetic
• will smile on a wet Monday morning!
We can offer you:
- A warm and welcoming family of staff;
- Children with a passion and enthusiasm for learning;
- Attractive and modern environments with excellent facilities including a sensory room;
- A caring, committed and hard-working team;
- Local Board members (governors); Diocesan Board of Trustees and a Principal who are all committed to building an innovative, effective learning environment firmly based on Christian values;
- Fantastic CPD opportunities through our tailored CPD programme;
- Opportunities to use your ideas and talents to have a positive impact, not only on each and every child and family, but also on the wider life of the schools, the growing partnership and the Trust.
Visits to both sites are strongly encouraged - please phone the Ridgeway Farm School Office on 01793-677471 to arrange appointments for both schools.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This appointment will be subject to Enhanced DBS Disclosure; proof of the right to work in the UK and satisfactory references. Please note the proof of the right to work in the UK will be required at interview. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Closing date: Wednesday 4th December - lunchtime; Shortlisting: Thursday 5th December
Interviews are likely to be on Wednesday 11th December and Thursday 12th December. This will be confirmed to shortlisted applicants.
Lydiard Millicent CE Primary and Ridgeway Farm Church of England Academy Partnership is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.