This is an exciting opportunity for experienced teachers or existing SENCOs who are looking to broaden their experience. MPR plus SEN allowance £4,359.
The Woodway Federation includes a Secondary and Primary Special School which cater for pupils with social, emotional and mental health difficulties (SEMH) between the ages of 5 and 16.
This role will provide specialist SEN support to ensure our pupils are offered the best opportunities to maximise their development and outcomes. The roles will play a key part in developing confident, ambitious individuals who are emotionally and intellectually equipped for a brighter future.
We are looking to recruit 2 SENCO’s. One post will be based at the primary school and the other post will be based at the secondary school.
We are looking for experienced teachers with:
- Experience of working with children who have additional social, emotional and/or mental health needs.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the statutory requirements of legislation concerning safeguarding, equal opportunities, Health and Safety and SEN.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the SEN Code of Practice and practical application strategies for meeting the special educational needs of students in a mixed ability classroom.
- Knowledge of effective teaching and learning styles and how they can be used effectively for individual children.
- Good planning and organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, the ability to work as part of a team and line manage other staff.
- Resilience and the ability to work under pressure.
- A creative approach with the ability to look at improved ways of working
We can offer you:
- The opportunity to gain extensive experience in the field of SEMH, valuable management experience which will form a good grounding for someone wanting to move into a senior leadership role in the future.
The Governing Body and staff of the Federation are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share in this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
Please indicate whether you have a preference for the role at the primary or secondary school or whether you would like to be considered for either role.
The closing date for applications is Friday 11th September 2020.
The Woodway Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.