SENCO - Main Scale plus TLR 2b (£4483)
Required For: As soon as possible on a Fixed Term Contract – One year to 31st August 2021
The Governors of Buckingham Primary School are looking to appoint a full time SENCO to join the staff of our hardworking and friendly school. This is a non-class based role for a talented teacher with a commitment to inclusion and the skills to enable statemented pupils and pupils with additional education needs to achieve their potential. Your role would be to work with and support our Inclusion Manager on a full time basis.
An enthusiastic and motivated SENCO is required to join our school.
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and committed practitioner to join our team to develop outstanding opportunities for inclusion across the school.
We are looking for someone who has the following.
• Experience in the role of SENCO or Inclusion Manager in a primary school (including a secure knowledge of Special Educational Needs/Inclusion/ Equality issues).
• Confidence in use of data to analyse and evaluate performance, presenting outcomes to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to lead and manage a very high quality team of support staff to ensure provision matches the needs of all pupils with special or additional educational need.
• High levels of written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent communication, organisation and team work skills.
• Effective working in partnerships with outside agencies.
• Ability to deal effectively with child protection issues.
• Excellent understanding and application of SEN programmes and resources to best meet the needs of our children.
• Ability and skills needed to ensure continued inclusion provision improvement through coaching and feedback.
• Ability to ensure strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers
Buckingham Primary School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS checks and references.