Salary: £32,500 per annum
Contract: Term Time, 38 weeks of the year plus 6 days
Phoenix Education is expanding, and we will be opening an independent co-educational school which will provide learning and supportive environment for c25 students from Key Stage 2-4 with Social, Emotional, Behavioural, Mental Health difficulties and Autism Spectrum Conditions
We will offer the opportunity to work within a truly therapeutic environment with our in house therapies teams dedicated to providing opportunities for children and young people to reach their individual potential, together with excellent employee benefits and opportunities for personal development.
Due to this expansion we are looking for a qualified SENCO to help set up this brand-new service.
Skills and Requirements:
- Have a strategic overview of provision for students with SEND across the school, monitoring and reviewing the quality of provision.
- To work with colleagues, parents, carers and external stakeholders to ensure that all students are supported to reach their full potential.
- To use data to monitor the progress of all students and lead focused assessment and interventions.
- Contribute to school self-evaluation, particularly with respect to provision for students with SEND.
- Ensure the SEND policy is put into practice, and that the objectives of this policy are reflected in the school improvement plan
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of national and local initiatives which may affect the school’s policy and practice
- Evaluate whether funding is being used effectively, and propose changes to make use of funding more effective
- Chair and Lead SEND meetings and represent Acorn School in line with it’s HEART principles.
Not only will you have the privilege of working with wonderful Young People and fantastic colleagues, as part of Phoenix Learning and Care Group you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid induction with extensive ongoing training program
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Phoenix Learning Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.