Ashley Down Primary School
Start date: Can be flexible for the right candidate
0.6 and permanent
Salary: UPS + TLR 2a
We are seeking an experienced SENCo to join the dynamic and motivated Senior Leadership Team at Ashley Down Primary School. The SENCo will work collaboratively with the headteacher and phase leaders to set high expectations for children with SEND and will lead SEND provision by working with teachers and LSAs to deliver high quality teaching and learning. We would expect the SENCo to promote high expectations of pupil behaviour and work with all members of staff to support and embed this across the school. As a member of SLT you will take on the role of Deputy DSL as part of our wider safeguarding team. The role offers an exciting opportunity for an aspiring leader to have valuable input into the strategic leadership and direction of the school.
We are looking for the right candidate who:
- Is passionate about teaching and learning and wants to play a key role in shaping the strategic vision for SEND.
- Has experience of working with children across the primary age range and can draw on knowledge of interventions, training and resources to ensure children with SEND achieve their full potential.
- Has experience of working with the LA and outside agencies to support children and families.
- Has a thorough understanding of SEND procedures including the EHCP process and top up applications.
- Has consistently high expectations of attainment and behaviour for all.
- Wants to ensure that safeguarding is a priority within the school and promote staff and pupil wellbeing.
- Is able to inspire and motivate children and colleagues.
Please visit our website for further information about the school.
At the moment we are unable to offer visits to the school but we will be offering some MS Teams sessions with our Senior Leadership team to give you more information about the post and the school. These will be on Wednesday 6th January at 9.30am and Monday 11th January at 4.30pm. If you would like a link to either of these meetings then please contact Jo Gray.
The format of the interview will be reviewed in the new year following the most up to date Government guidelines. It is likely that some of the tasks will be in school with the interview taking place remotely.
Closing date: 12.00 Noon Tuesday 19th January 2021
Shortlisting: Thursday 21st January 2021
Interview date: Wednesday 27th January 2021
If you have not heard from us by the end of the day on Friday 22nd January then you will not have been shortlisted for interview.
Ashley Down Primary School and Brunel Field Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and two supporting references. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Ashley Down Schools Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.We particularly welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.